About Jigsaw Dublin 15
Jigsaw is the National Centre for Youth Mental Health.
We want to change how Ireland thinks about, responds to and supports young people’s mental health. Jigsaw is a free, nonjudgmental and confidential mental health support service for young people aged 12 – 25.
We also work closely with communities, providing workshops that help build confidence and understanding to support young people with their mental health.
Please check our website here: Jigsaw Dublin 15
Jigsaw is looking to create a Youth Advisory Panel in Dublin 15.
The Youth Advisory Panel is a team of volunteers aged 16-25 who are passionate about mental health.
This group gives their view on how Jigsaw works and helps to make decisions and influence how Jigsaw supports young people in their community.
What will I be doing?
As part of our Youth Advisory Panel you will:
- Attend our regular Youth Advisory Panel meetings to help plan what we do;
- Get training and receive all needed support in your role;
- Help recruit the best staff to join the Jigsaw team;
- Be involved in decision making in Jigsaw;
- Represent Jigsaw at events;
- Organise activities and campaigns to promote Jigsaw and what we do;
- Support and be part of our fundraising events and campaigns
Please not that to be suitable the volunteer must have a link with the Dublin 15 area (Living or working there).
What's required for this position
Essential skills are:
- a passion for youth mental health;
- teamwork and respect for others.
Desirable skills include:
- planning and organising;
- understanding of youth mental health;
- awareness of local community;
- public speaking and social media skills.
These skills may be developed over time with support and training from Jigsaw.
- Advocacy/ Lobbyist
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Community Development/ Social work
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- Education/ Training
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 4hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Jigsaw Dublin 15,
Other location details:
Also available in these counties
Dublin - Fingal
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Disability
- Learning Disability
- Mental Health Difficulties
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Volunteers will develop lots of new skills, make a difference in their community, learn more about mental health and meet new people.