About CLAY Youth Project
CLAY Youth Project's mission is to enhance the life skills and opportunities for young people so that they can realise their potential and participate in their communities now and in the future.
Take a leadership role in an exciting community based charity. Would you like to give something back to society in a challenging and rewarding role, bringing your skills into play in a completely different arena?
CLAY is looking to expand its board to increase the skillset to ensure strong governance of the organisation.
The Director of CLAY CLG will have all of the duties and responsibilities associated with a company director according to the Companies Act.
Purpose of this Role:
To provide strong governance and leadership to CLAY as part of Board of Management Team. You will be working with dynamic and energetic colleagues to maintain and develop an essential community service for the Young People of Crumlin. The Director / Treasurer will work closely with the Financial Administrator to ensure that the correct controls are in place regarding CLAY’s finances. Key Accountabilities:
• Act in the interests of CLAY CLG at all times
• Strong management and governance of CLAY
• Chairing the Finance Subgroup of the CLAY board and reporting to the board on Finance issues.
• Working with the CLAY Project Leader and Financial Administrator to ensure that CLAY’s finances are managed in accordance with best practice.
Support & Training:
Training and induction will be provided, as well as a buddy and mentor system for the first few months.
CLAY has an enthusiastic and energetic Board of Directors made up of volunteers from the community and private sector.
• Two hours every six weeks to attend a board meeting (evening time)
• One hour every month attending a sub committee meeting (evening time)
• Another two to four hours every month working on various projects/initiative for CLAY (this may be done remotely)
• Sufficient time to accommodate mentoring from the Chairperson or another board member.
What’s in it for you?
CLAY is a great organisation that provides a valued service to the young people in Crumlin Lower and surrounding areas. You will learn about good governance. Put your skills to use for a good purpose.
Testimonies from other volunteers:
“Getting involved in CLAY is one of the best things I have done, It gives me a great balance from my busy professional life and helps me put things in perspective”
“I was really surprised at how many skills I had that I didn’t realise would be so useful to CLAY. This has really helped my self confidence.”
More About Us:
CLAY CLG (CHY19883) is a community based Youth Project providing a range of services to enhance life skills and opportunities for young people in the area.
The Clay Youth project also manages a National Garda Youth Diversion Project. The aim of the Clay GYDP is to support young people to make positive choices in terms of their behaviour, decisions and life style.
CLAY is a company limited by Guarantee and is a registered charity (CHY19883) providing a quality youth service to the Crumlin area for 12 years and prides itself in the participation of young people in all aspects of the Project.
What's required for this position
More About You:
• A financial qualification and/or experience in financial management
• Experience of working in a leadership role
• Energy and Enthusiasm
• Ability to work on a team and on own initiative
• Knowledge of or experience of company governance would be an advantage
• Strong Communications Skills – Written and Verbal
• Dedication and a commitment to the provision of a top quality service to the Young People of CLAY
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Business/ HR/ Management
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 6hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
31a Crumlin Road, Crumlin, D12, D12 VP99
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Opportunity to be part of an energetic and active board. Learn about good governance. Put your skills to use for a good purpose. CLAY is a great organisation that provides a valued service to the young people in Crumlin Lower and surrounding areas.
Dublin Bus routes; 17, 27, 56A, 77A, 151