About Cycling Ireland
Cycling Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of cycling on the island of Ireland.
Our aim is to promote cycling as an accessible and enjoyable pursuit, where every cyclist may participate and develop to their full potential.
Our aim is to inspire people all over Ireland to regularly get on their bikes in a healthy, social and safe environment.
As Leader, you will need to:
- plan and lead a minimum of 10 rides per year (location, day, time and distance can vary subject to your availability);
- select a route suitable for leisure cycling;
- complete pre and post ride administration online;
- assist with the promotion of your bike ride locally through social media, newspaper and via other groups.
What's required for this position
You will need to have a passion for cycling and an interest in leading free, social, inclusive bike rides. If you are willing to:
- learn about the ethos of the programme and how to set up an Community Bike Ride in your area;
- be vetted through Cycling Ireland;
- attend a Community Bike Ride Leader Training Day:
Note: You will learn how to plan and facilitate safe rides; provide positive and enjoyable experiences for all; and gain a certificate in Ride Leader training.
- plan and establish your bike rides;
- create an online profile as an Community Bike Ride Leader;
- upload information about your rides;
- promote your rides and get started…then this opportunity is definitely for you!
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Flexible
Hours required: 1hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Other location details:
Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow
Also available in these counties
Leitrim, Kerry, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Roscommon, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
- The joy of providing safe and sociable bike rides for others;
- Free Ride Leader training, Leader gilet, bike ride insurance cover;
- Ongoing support from Cycling Ireland;
- Earn rewards and receive recognition