About The Alzheimer Society of Ireland
The Alzheimer Society of Ireland works across the country in the heart of local communities providing dementia specific services and supports and advocating for the rights and needs of all people living with dementia and their carers. Our vision is an Ireland where no one goes through dementia alone and where policies and services respond appropriately to the person with dementia and their carers, at the times they need support.
Would you like to share your experience, knowledge and skills to benefit your community? Be part of a committee doing tremendous work locally, helping to raise awareness of dementia.
More about Us:
The Alzheimer Society of Ireland (ASI) is the leading dementia specific service provider in Ireland. It works across the country in the heart of local communities providing dementia specific services and supports and advocating for the rights and needs of all people living with dementia and their carers.
Our Branch Network
ASI has an active Branch network around Ireland, with groups of volunteers undertaking vital activities and supporting ASI. By joining us, you will be helping to:
- Raise awareness locally of dementia and its impact on people with dementia & their carers and families
- Promote Dementia Friendly Communities
- Grow membership to strengthen ASI’s representation & lobbying
- Support national and local advocacy campaigns
- Fundraise in support of local and national initiatives
- Support local services by providing information to people who may be concerned about cognitive impairment and referring them to appropriate staff
- Develop local initiatives (such as support groups and social clubs ) which are aligned to the mission and vision of ASI.
- Help increase awareness of the committee and ASI through online and offline media e.g. social media, local radio and local press.
What's required for this position
Are you a Team Player? We are looking for you to bring your own personal / professional experience and interests to help us develop ASI.
Organisational Skills and time management
Good Communication Skills
Flexible and adaptable
Good at networking
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Advocacy/ Lobbyist
- Business/ HR/ Management
- Community Development/ Social work
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
- Research/ Journalism/ Media
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Flexible
Hours required: 2hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Local ASI branches around the country
Other location details:
Also available in these counties
Cork, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County, Galway, Sligo, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Meet new people and be part of an active organistaion delivering positive change.